Sunday, February 17, 2013

Snow Storm Starting


Snow Storm Starting a video by randubnick on Flickr.

Inspired by the snow blowing outside my window, I decided to create a snowstorm on my iPad this afternoon. I wanted to capture the snow falling, so I used the Brushes app, which creates a stroke-by-stroke video as you draw. I spent an hour on the project, and then sent the drawing and the "actions" file to my desktop. The drawing came in just fine, I was disappointed to find that I could no longer open the "actions" file and couldn't find the Brushes Viewer app on the computer. By poking around on the web, I learned that the problem seems to be because newer versions of Brushes don't support the viewer (and some people weren't happy with the newer versions). In any case, a lot of people are having the same problem. But I was able to find a work-around and solve the problem, thanks to posts and advice from fellow artists. (I am not sure if the solution is temporary, so I may be in the market for another iPad drawing app. I love Brushes so that is a disappointment.) But meanwhile, here is the video I worked on today, and I am very glad to be able to post it because I began this with the idea of making the animation. Tomorrow I will post the drawing.

No comments: