Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Another Heart Shaped Box (As of April 9, 2013)

I went up to the studio this morning to work for a while on this project, a heart-shaped box that I am covering with collage made of pieces of printed metallic ribbon. What I really wanted to do was continue to cover up the candy logo so that the pattern of orange and purple stripes would be more visible. But I knew that I needed to do something else first: although I was inspired by the stripes on the candy box, I can't really use the stripes as they are because they are not symmetrical. (Compare the stripe on the far right with the stripe on the far left.) So this morning I started with a ruler and pencil and adjusted some of the stripes to compensate for the problem. (Not fun.) Then I spent the rest of the time I had pasting down pieces of orange and purple ribbon to establish the lines of the stripes and to establish the color for each--because in art, a mistake with stripes can cause lots of problems, something I have learned the hard way. I call this "Another Heart-Shaped Box" because this is my second such project. You can see the first one by following this link: www.flickr.com/photos/randiart/sets/72157632769935420/

No comments: