Saturday, July 20, 2013

Reflections (Oil Bar Painting as of July 20, 2013)

This is my oil bar painting in progress as it looked when I was finished working on it today. This painting is based on a photo that I took last summer at Bradley Palmer State Park. (My reference photo is posted here, June 14, 2013.) Most of the changes I made today are on the lefthand side of the canvas. I revised the shapes of the shadows in the water as well as some of the shapes of the foliage, trying to get the reflections to make sense. I spent a lot of time looking at the reference photo, right-side-up and upside-down, and also turned the painting upside-down to paint some of the reflected shapes. I also added to the riverbank and trees in the background (also on the left). To be continued. . . .

No comments: