Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Sunlight and Storm Clouds (Oil Bar Painting as of July 1, 2013)

Here is the oil bar painting I have been working on as it looked when I finished painting yesterday (July 1). I am trying to paint a scene that I photographed recently from Obear Park, here in Beverly, MA. (My photo is posted here June 19.) It was nearly sunset when I took the photo and the long rays of the setting sun combined with distant storm clouds to create some unusual lighting on the opposite shore (which is Salem). Yesterday I continued to work on painting the water, which is a big challenge for me. I worked on making the reflection of the shore show up as a dark green horizontal band in the water. I also used some yellow-green to make the yellow reflections blend in with the surrounding water. Progress, but still more to do. To be continued. . . .

No comments: