Thursday, July 11, 2013

Sunlight and Stormclouds (Oil Bar Painting)

Here is the oil bar painting I have been working on. This is loosely based on a photo that I took in June, looking toward Salem from Obear Park. It was around sunset and a storm had just passed. (That photo is posted here June 19.) This morning I worked some more on the water, breaking up some of the lines of the ripples, but leaving the structure intact. I also added more surface reflections to the water. This sounds easy but I worked on this for quite a while, and kept going back to it through the day, making tiny changes. I am sure that I will keep on finding things to fix, but at this point, I believe those changes would be very minor. So I am calling it. This painting is finished.* Tomorrow I will start to seal the edges (paint the edges of the canvas). It is time to move on.
* I reserve the right to change my mind.

No comments: