Sunday, September 15, 2013

Mountain Peaks with Pink Sky (Acrylic Painting) Repost

I painted this several years ago, a water-media painting of the mountains done with acrylics on paper. I originally posted it here on November 30, 2006. It was part of a show I had called "Mountain Daydreams" because this set of paintings was done from my imagination and memories of the Colorado mountains. I always thought this painting looked like a rainstorm over the mountains, with the sun just breaking through. I am reposting this tonight because my home state has been on my mind all weekend, and I have been checking on family and friends who live there. Of course I have been thinking about the floods in Boulder, where I used to live while I went to college and later grad school. In fact, it was in Boulder where I first learned to use acrylics for water-media painting (from Gene Matthews, an amazing watercolor teacher who taught at the University of Colorado).

No comments: