Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Blue Sky Golden Field (Mini-Painting as of December 6, 2013)

This is one of my miniature (3 inches square) oil bar paintings as of December 6, 2013. I brought the yellows and oranges of the field to the bottom of the canvas. I also added some light blue to the sky, trying to retain the shapes of the original strokes of dark blue. (I wanted to soften that electric blue a bit, but may bring just a little more of it back in.) I create these tiny paintings at the end of my painting sessions, working from memory and imagination. Some have suggested that this little painting looks like Kansas. No doubt I am drawing from visual memory of big sky, flat horizon line, and low clouds, that I saw often during road trips from Kansas (Emporia and Lawrence) to Colorado.

No comments: