Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Another Heart Shaped Box as of January 14, 2014

This afternoon I went to the studio at Porter Mill and worked for a while on this project. I am covering this heart-shaped candy box with collage designs made from printed metallic ribbon. This is slow work, almost like a meditation. I have been working on the top of the box, which is going to have purple and orange stripes, which are finally starting to appear. It was a cloudy day and it was already too dark to photograph in natural light by 3:30 when I finished working on this today. So I turned on a light and took this picture by the light of a good old fashioned incandescent bulb. I liked the way the pieces of ribbon caught the light. I call this project "Another Heart Shaped Box" because this isn't the first one I have done. If you want to see my first heart-shaped box project, follow this link: www.flickr.com/photos/randiart/sets/72157632769935420/

No comments: