Friday, February 28, 2014

Evergreen (Acrylic Water Media as of Feb. 28, 2014)

I started this painting today, and it is still a work in progress. This is acrylic paint used with water on watercolor paper, somewhat like watercolor painting although acrylic paint behaves quite differently. These mountain paintings are created from my imagination and memories of the Rocky Mountains in my home state of Colorado. Although there really is a town called Evergreen in Colorado (and an Evergreen Mountain), I wasn't thinking of just one specific location. I have lots of great memories of forests in the mountains. This morning, I was using a forest green and was experimenting with textures, painting though a net with diamond shaped openings, and the result looked a bit like evergreen trees in the mountains, so I decided to call it Evergreen. I don't think this painting is finished yet, so I will say to be continued.

No comments: