Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Dad with Boutonniere (Digitally Modified Photo) Revised

This is a revision of an image that I posted here back on August 28, 2014. This picture of my dad as a young man really started with a group shot of my father with several other guys. The version I had was very small and marred with scratches, so I had to resize it and clean it up.Then I used Painter to resize the image, and used cut-and-paste, digital pastel, and color overlays to create an individual portrait. I posterized the image to create the textures. All this created a picture of my dad that is one of my favorites, but I wasn't happy with the composition because I didn't like the placement of the trees in the background. I wanted the foliage on the left to extend all the way to the border, so today I opened the image in Painter again, and use more cut and paste as well as digital pastel to create more trees in the background. I am glad I went to the trouble to do that because now I like the image even better.

No comments: