Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Blue Canyon (Acrylic Water Media)



This is the painting I have been working on.  This landscape is painted with acrylic paint used with water on watercolor paper. I am painting from imagination and memories of the Rocky Mountains in Colorado, my home state. I usual don't use any sources for these "mountain daydreams" but in this case, I did spend a few minutes this morning looking at photos of Boulder Canyon, Lefthand Canyon, and Glenwood Canyon.  I was pretty happy with the painting as it was yesterday, but I wanted to create the effect of sunlight towards the top of the canyon and darkness below, so I used some pale blue and pink washes at the top, and some brown and red at the base. I also cleaned up some problems that were bothering me.  Now I am ready to say this is finished.

No comments: