Thursday, September 11, 2014

Before the Towers Fell (Digital Woodcut)



I don't have a lot of photos of the World Trade Center even though I used to live in New Jersey and often went to New York City.  By 2001, we had moved to Boston and in July, we went back for a visit.  We wanted to do something new and my cousin suggested that we take the train to Brooklyn and walk back to Manhattan over the Brooklyn Bridge.  So we did, and I as I took pictures of the Brooklyn Bridge, as a bonus I got some great photos of the Twin Towers just a few months before they fell.  Tonight I went back to those photos and made a very close crop of the skyline.  Then I used Painter add some color overlay and a woodcut effect. I wanted soft edges, not a lot of detail.  Memories fade, but not emotions.

No comments: