Saturday, November 01, 2014

Road and Wall at Appleton Farms (Digitally Modified)



This image began with a photo that I took last week during a visit to Appleton Farms in Ipswich, MA. I loved the stone wall and the road, so I took a picture. This is a hard-working area of the farm, behind the dairy barn, so the original photo included some things I didn't really want: a bale of wire, a line of white plastic sticks (markers for fencing), and a row of parked cars in the background, near the visitors' center. Tonight I used a combination of cut-and-paste and digital pastel to get rid of everything I didn't want, as well as to add some foliage to the tree in the foreground. Then I added a light posterizing effect. That's a lot of work for this little photo, but I think this might be a good scene to paint..

No comments: