Thursday, January 29, 2015

Little January Bouquet (As of January 29, 2015)



This is the small drawing I started yesterday, trying out my new set of Sharpies (fine-line felt-tip pen). Late this afternoon, I decided to do a little more work on it. I told myself that I wanted to finish the drawing, but really I think that I just wasn't finished playing with my new Sharpies. I did a little more with the flowers, but worked mostly on the table and the wall in the background. Once I made the table surface brown, the dark blue bowl wasn't showing up. There is no way to lighten felt-tip pen. (If you add more colors, even lighter colors, the result is darker, darker, darker.) So I decided to use light colored conte crayon on the table and bowl, and that did the trick. I also added some pale gray to the background. There are some problems I need to fix, so this is not quite finished.