Tuesday, March 17, 2015

County Kerry (Watercolor)



This is a watercolor of a scene in County Kerry, Ireland. Several years ago, a friend of mine asked me to paint this scene  for his wife, Kerry.  I worked from a postcard that my friend sent me and used it to create this stylized version of the scene.  This painting now hangs in their home in Colorado.  I decided to post this today for Saint Patrick's Day. But I discovered that the jpeg image that I have of it is too small (not enough pixels).  I tried to fix the problem in Painter, but couldn't find a good solution.  Finally, I decided to enlarge the image on the screen. I  adjusted the brightness and focus, and then took a picture with my iPhone.  This is far from a perfect solution because you can see some artifacts from the screen shot, but the image is sharp enough to see and still true to the colors. At some point,  I hope I will be able to get a better photo from my friends, but until then, this will have to do. 

No comments: