Monday, March 02, 2015

Tree and Hillside (Oil Bar Painting as of March 2, 2015)


I returned to this painting this morning, an oil bar landscape based on a scene that I photographed in October at Appleton Farms (Ipswich, MA).  I started this painting two months ago, and my reference photos are posted here on January 2nd and 3rd.  This morning, I started by adding yellow to the tree, both as local color and to show where light is hitting the leaves.  I also added some yellow to indicate leaves on the ground. I also used yellow to indicate light hitting the tops of the backlit trees in the distance. I started to photograph the painting but realized that I needed to straighten out the lines of the path, so I worked on that for awhile.  There is more to do on that task, and I left red lines to indicate where I need to make corrections.

No comments: