Sunday, March 08, 2015

Tree and Hillside (Oil Bar Painting as of March 8, 2015)



This morning I worked on my oil bar painting of a scene at Appleton Farms (in Ipswich, MA), from by photos that I took there in October. (My reference photos are posted here on January 2nd and 3rd.) I worked on the road and fence again today. This is tedious, but has to be done. I realized that one of the fence posts in the painting wasn't standing straight up. It was leaning over in the photos as well, but I decided to straighten it out so see if that would help with my perspective problems, and it did. I also reworked the horizontal rails of the fence, which also helped a lot. Then also tried to straighten out some problems with the lines of the path. At this point, I am painting in corrections in red so I can see what I am doing. I think I am almost finished fussing with the perspective, and will be able to get on with the rest of the painting. This part is frustrating and not exciting, but It's worth the time it takes to get this right.

No comments: