Monday, October 19, 2015

Apples on the Tree (Oil Bar Painting as of October 19, 2015)


I started this painting this morning of an apple tree branch. I am using oil bars, and working from a photo that I took recently at Long Hill Gardens. (I posted my reference photo here yesterday, Oct. 18.) I started roughing in the composition with some gray paint, but when I started getting lost, I added a bit of red and then green so I could tell apples from leaves. (These are not the final colors; right now these apples are tomato red to my eye!) As I looked at the photo, kept discovering more apples hidden behind the leaves.This is part of a series of paintings I am doing of tree branches. So if you want to see where this is headed, follow this link: www.flickr.com/photos/randiart/albums/72157646682793975

No comments: