Monday, February 29, 2016

Corner of Photo with Jute Border (For Memory Imprints)


Here is my progress on the photo keepsake project I have been working on. I am doing this for some Memory Imprints clients who wanted these photos made into keepsakes. (If you want to know more about Memory Imprints, go to memoryimprints.net.) The clients sent me photocopies of two very faded photographs. I scanned the images into my computer and over the past few weeks, have been doing a lot of digital editing and restoring the color. I also collaged jute on to canvas board to create a border for the photos and then painted the jute to get a faded and earthy blue/green. It took three coats to get the color you see here, but I am happy with it. If the clients agree, that's great, but if not I will change it. Yesterday I printed the edited photos out and mounted them on the boards. This is a closeup, showing the upper left corner of one of the photos. I am almost done but I still plan to do a little fine-tuning of each photo by hand with a small brush and tinted acrylic medium.

No comments: