Friday, July 29, 2016

Zakim Bridge (Build Bridges, Not Walls)


Here's another photo that I took back on July 1, coming home from Boston around 8:30 PM.  I was in the passenger seat, so I took pictures as we went over the bridge, as I always do, and tonight I cleaned up the original image and cropped it to get this composition. I love bridges, but I especially love this one, maybe because I watched it going up during  the Big Dig.  And it is beautiful.  But I also love the story behind its name.  It is named for Lenny Zakim, a civil rights leader who was New England Director of the Anti-Defamation League and worked on relations between Jewish and African American groups in Boston. The bridge was named after him because he spent his life trying to build bridges between different groups. 

No comments: