Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Stormclouds and Mountain (Acrylic Water Media)


This is the painting I have been working on this week, and today I finished it.  This is part of a series of mountain landscapes painted with acrylics and water, on watercolor paper.  I call them "Mountain Daydreams" because I paint them from my imagination and from my memories of the mountains of Colorado, my home state.  Today I finished this with a couple of pale purple washes over clouds and sky. I also lightened the sun color and added more pale purple to the top edge of the mountain.  I started this with the idea of a storm threatening over the mountains. but I wanted to make the clouds a bit more subtle.  I hope to paint one or two more of these, for an opportunity to show at Galatea Gallery next month. (If you want to know more about Galatea, follow this link: (http://galateafineart.com/)

No comments: