Thursday, March 02, 2017

Spring Tree (Digital Drawing)


On Monday, a trip into Boston turned into frustration when I had  a flat tire just before I arrived at Galatea Gallery.  So instead of spending several hours there helping to hang the new show, I had to wait in the parking lot for AAA. Then I couldn't really stick around because AAA told me not to drive back home on the 'donut' so I drove to the nearest car dealership to get a 'real' tire. I sat in the dealership waiting room for a long time, getting pretty tired of watching Judge Judy. Then I remembered my new Procreate  drawing app on my phone, so I decided to draw. The controls are different from what I am used with Brushes so I struggled with brush size and opacity, and made a lot of mistakes. But I had a lot of fun with the "smudge" tool and it saved the day.  I spent about an hour on this little drawing, and it really made the time go by much faster.

No comments: