Friday, November 24, 2017

Exploration in Purple (As of Nov. 24, 2017)


Today I went back to the painting that I started a couple of days ago (November 22). This is one of my "Mountain Daydreams," images painted from my imagination and my memories of the Rocky Mountains in my home state of Colorado. This is 8 x 10 inches and is my first painting on Aquaboard, so this really is an exploration. It works a lot like watercolor paper but the paint dries faster. Today I added a white glaze to the sky and more white high lights on the mountain. There is just a little bit more I want to do but I think I will finish this tomorrow. Meanwhile, I decided to seal the edges with transparent pale purple stain. (This is the shape of a canvas, but made of wood, with sides that are 2 inches deep.)

No comments: