Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Looking Up at St. Paul's (Posterized Photo)


This image began with a photo that I came across today while looking in my mom's old WWII album. This is my dad in London during WWII, on leave and doing a bit of touring around London.  I would like to know more about his time in the military and two years ago, I ordered his military records.  But the records are received are very skimpy because a lot of information was lost in a fire.)  My daughter is trying to help me find out more, and today I pulled out the old album.  This particular photo isn't much help with the research, but I liked it.  I have other photos that show my Dad at St. Paul's with one of his friends, who perhaps took this photo.  But is it possible this is a selfie?  It makes me smile to think so. Tonight I scanned the photo into my computer and did some basic cleanup in iPhoto.  Then I used Painter to add some selective color overlays. Then I posterized it and cropped the original to get this composition.

No comments: