Monday, January 29, 2018

Stone Fence in Tennessee (Posterized Photo)


Today I decided to edit another of my Tennessee photos. During my trip to Nashville in December, we traveled on some back roads and I took pictures from the car.  In the original version of this image, the shadows were too dark, and there was too much blur in the foreground.  This afternoon, I started in iPhoto, to do basic cropping and then adjusted just the shadows.  Then I opened the image in Painter and used selective posterizing and even a bit of woodcut effect to add a bit more definition to the stone fence.  I also added posterizing by section, choosing different levels for the sky and the grass and the trees.  The result was a little more color and a little more texture, a bit like a print.  Then I went back to iPhoto to adjust the cast to get those nice Tennessee greens and to make a final crop.

No comments: