Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Colorado Front Range (Acrylic Watermedia) as of May 23, 2018


I started a new painting this morning.  This is another "Mountain Daydream," painted from my imagination and my memories of Colorado.  I started with a specific color in mind, that dusty rose color that gives Colorado its name.  I am painting for a solo show in July and want to include a painting inspired by the Front Range, mountains visible along the road from Pueblo to Boulder..  I looked through my photos of the front range and found a posterized photo, published here on Sept. 11, 2018 as as "Front  Range Memories."* I decided to use that as a reference for the composition, though the colors won't be as realistic. This is what I have so far; I am sure that the colors will change, but this is the composition. To be continued...

No comments: