Wednesday, May 09, 2018

Shelli (Codfish Project)



This is my fourth year participating in the Marblehead Festival of Arts cod auction. Some fifty area artists are given wooden codfish cutouts to decorate. The decorated codfish are then displayed and auctioned to benefit Marblehead Festival of Art. This year, I decided to decorate my fish with a pattern of seashells (instead of gills), and I named my fish "Shelli". Today I touched up the blue background, including sides and back, fixed a number of tiny mistakes, and then attached hanging hardware and signed the back. So now I am willing to say this is finished (not perfect, and if I find a mistake that I can fix, I will). I put Shelli up on the wall and took this picture. It is almost time to say goodbye. This week I will deliver Shelli to Marblehead. All the codfish will be on display together May 19 and 20 at the Old Town House on Washington St. in Marblehead and will be part of the Marblehead art walk. During the week of June 11, the decorated codfish will be displayed in various stores in Marblehead. And the auction (online) opens on June 16. You can bid from anywhere. I hope she finds a good home. Stay tuned! I will keep you posted.

No comments: