Friday, August 17, 2018

Mountains Seen from Garden of the Gods


So much happened this summer and I am still trying to catch up!  In June, we flew to Colorado in June to meet up with our friends Sandra and Rene from Brazil. We met them in 1968 at the University of Colorado, in married student housing.  To celebrate 50 years of friendship, we spent a week touring Colorado. One of the highlights of our trip was taking Sandra and Rene to Colorado Springs to meet our friends Herman and Kerry.  After a wonderful lunch, all six of us piled into the car to see the Garden of the Gods.  Don't worry,  I took lots of pictures of the amazing rock formations there, but I couldn't resist taking this quieter picture of the mountains as well.  Tonight I straightened and cropped the original image to get this composition.  I also used the Prisma app to add a filter, and I plan to post that version tomorrow.

No comments: