Saturday, August 04, 2018

Toward Breckenridge (Posterized Photo)


In June, we spent a week in Colorado, traveling with our friends from Brazil.  (We met 50 years ago at the University of Colorado, two newlywed couples in married student housing.)  We have been friends all these years and we had a great time.  I don't often get a chance to see the Colorado mountains, so I was taking pictures all the way.  I took this one the day we went to Breckenridge.  The view of the snow above the tree line was amazing.  Tonight I edited the original photo to get this image, cropping out the inside of the car, the highway, trucks and cars, and signs.  When I was done cropping, I liked the composition but it was too blurry so I opened in in Painter and fiddled with it, adjusting the focus and then posterizing by sections.

No comments: