Saturday, October 20, 2018

Layers of Blue (Acrylic Watermedia) as of Oct. 20, 2018


Today I worked some more on the painting I started yesterday.  My inspiration is a photo that I took in Colorado back in June.  This was taken near Central City, and ridges of mountains seemed to extend one behind the other into the distance. (I posted the photo here on October 18.)  I count six or seven mountain ridges in the photo, all in shades of blue.  Although I am not trying for a realistic copy of the photo, I do want to capture the effect of those layers of blue. The trick will be to create a sense of depth with the shapes and to create all those shades of blue. This morning I worked on the distant mountain ranges (in the upper part of the image).  Of course, I already see things I want to fix, but I am happy because this seems to be a good challenge. 

No comments: