Sunday, January 27, 2019

Dancers (Rough Pencil Sketch) Edited as of Jan. 27, 2019



Two days ago I posted a very rough pencil sketch for a double portrait that I am going to do.  Today I did some digital editing of the sketch as preparation for the starting portrait.  I opened a jpeg of the sketch in Painter and added space to the left side and the bottom of the "canvas" so that I could get the figures centered.  (I was drawing the original sketch in a sketch book and ran out of room on the left.) Then I used cut-and-paste to elongate the figures slightly, finished drawing in the man's foot, and used digital pastel to do a little cleanup.  I didn't change anything else about the figure.  This is not exciting work but the result is an image I can use to set up the composition of my canvas: the figures are basically centered, and the image will print out at 8 x 10 inches, great to use as a reference for a 16 x 20 inch canvas.



No comments: