Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Daydream with Nasturtiums (Digitally Edited)


This is a digitally edited version of the drawing I posted two days ago.  I drew the original with Sharpie fine-line markers, Because markers are transparent, sometimes the only way to correct mistakes is with other media. In this case, I used the Painter program on my computer to make corrections. I adjusted the color of the nasturtiums, going for a brighter red-orange than I could get with my Sharpies.  I also changed the color of the shadows from dark blue to purple, and used a brighter purple color for the outline color.  (For most of these changes, I made most of these changes with the magic wand selection tool and the paint can fill tool.)  I also adjusted the color on some of the leaves, and I redrew part of the vase (on the right-hand side). These are small changes, but I think the overall effect is better and the drawing is brighter.

No comments: