Friday, March 15, 2019

Dancers (Painting) as of March 15, 2019


I finally had a chance to get back to this project this morning. I am painting a double portrait in acrylic on canvas, working from a favorite photo of this couple. Although I haven't had time to work on this portrait for about 10 days, I have been looking at it and marking things I want to correct. So this morning, I started with those little corrections. Then I did yet another check of the proportions, and spent the rest of the time concentrating on the lower body. It is hard to see detail in the photo, so I sketched in underlying anatomy for the man's extended leg. That was really helpful when I was trying to figure out where to put the folds of the trousers as well as in working out the position of the foot. I spent the rest of the time concentrating the foot placement for both dancers. To be continued. . . .

No comments: