Wednesday, May 01, 2019

Pattern for Pearl (Codfish Project)


This year will be my fifth time participating in the Codfish Auction for Marblehead Festival of Art.  Some 50 area artists are going to decorate wooden codfish cutouts, to be displayed in downtown Marblehead and then auctioned (online).  This year, I am going to decorate my codfish with strings of pearls and I have named her Pearl.  I have made rough sketches of the pattern, but today I revised the pattern and redrew it on graph paper to make sure the spacing is going to work.  (Although I think of these surface patterns with straight lines and even spacing, without fail the pattern has to be adapted to the curves of the fish.)  This drawing looks a bit rough (pencil and blue Sharpie), but the design is better now and I think this pattern will work.  If you want to see where this is headed, here is "Bela Bacalhau", my codfish from 2016: https://www.flickr.com/photos/randiart/26803421380

No comments: