Thursday, October 10, 2019

House on Signal Mountain (as of October 10, 2019)


Today I finally returned to this house portrait.  I am working from the reference photo that I posted here on September 16th.  Today I began by working on the perspective of the structures on the front of the house: eaves, beams, and stairs. I used a ruler and straight-edge. I made progress but there are still lines that need to be straightened and angles that need to be adjusted. The stairs are almost, but not quite, straight on, which means there is foreshortening to deal with. I also roughed in the sky and added green to the lawn.  These are not the final shapes or even the final colors, but it helps to paint the whole canvas as I go rather than focus too closely on one part at a time.. I also used some loose brush work to indicate the stone wall and shrubbery.  To be continued. . .

No comments: