Thursday, November 28, 2019

Big Family Dinner


This is an old family photo, a beat-up Polaroid  and I am not even sure where I came across it. Today I did some retouching to try to rescue this photo. I think it might have been taken at Thanksgiving.  This was taken in the 1960s in Pueblo in the house where I grew up, no doubt after my husband and I got married and moved to Boulder (which is why we aren't there.)  At the table are my mother-in-law, my husband's grandmother, my mother, my cousin Ronni and her husband, my cousin Vicki, my Aunt Edy and my Uncle Bob, my Uncle Al, my father, and my sister-in-law Mindy. And whoever was taking the picture. .  On the wall in the background: a collection of drawings that I did in high school.  My folks had them framed and hung on the wall.  I think that may have been the first time anything of mine had been framed and it blew me away that they did that (still does). Today I am (still) thankful for my parents and their encouragement, for the committee that raised me, for aunts, uncles, cousins, and life-long friends who have become part of our family.  

No comments: