Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Snapshot of Blue River (Near Breckenridge)


Time to start another mountain landscape. I have been looking through family albums for vacation photos of trips to Colorado. Yesterday I found this one and thought it might work as a photo reference. It was not labeled or dated, but from other photos found with it, I could tell this was taken during a trip to Breckenridge with the kids.  With clues from other photos and a bit of help from my Google,  I figured out that this must have been taken at the Sapphire Point Overlook (near Frisco and  Breckenridge), looking down at the Blue River. Now I know this is not a great photo.  Back then, I was not very good at photography, didn't take it seriously, was probably using a bad camera (maybe a throw-away), and was no doubt a very distracted photographer (family vacation, two kids in elementary school). However, when I saw this photo yesterday, I thought had potential: the view of the river, the lines of those mountains. . .But I knew it would take some digital editing to make this work as a reference for a painting. To be continued. . .

No comments: