Thursday, February 10, 2022

Lake Estes 1956 (Inspiration for Painting)



This little black-and-white snapshot (maybe 2 x 2.5  inches) is from a small "Sparkletone" album of prints from a 1956 trip to Estes Park with my cousin, her mom and dad, and our grandmother.  This little lost album came to me in a box of my Dad's photos, sent to me by my cousin a few years ago.  You can see me* in the picture (looking at the camera) as well as my cousin and my uncle. My aunt probably took this picture, though it could have been my grandmother. My uncle loved to fish and with a little research on line, I figured out that this was Lake Estes.  I loved the view of the mountain lake and I wanted to know more about this photo, so I decided to use it as my inspiration for a painting.  I would have to do a bit of work on this photo to make it into a painting reference.  
*Looks like my cousin and I were drawing. If you look closely, you can see I am holding crayons. I must have been drawing a picture of this lake.


No comments: