Friday, April 08, 2022

Mountain Landscapes on Display at Porter Mill



Yesterday, I took some of my mountain landscapes to Porter Mill to be hung in the first floor hallway, in a big glassed display case called the "Vitrine".  The display case is about 3 feet off the ground, and it is big enough to stand up and walk around in.  I wasn't sure how many paintings would work in that space.  I was thinking six, but brought eight just in case.  It turned out that  I needed ten, but luckily I had some additional paintings upstairs in the studio.  It took a while to figure out the best order for the paintings, but I was happy with how the display turned out.  I had to take pictures so I could get the titles in the right order for the list.  While I was at it, I poked my cell phone inside the display case and took a quick video.  I wanted to improve on the video, but my phone died! The paintings will be up for about six weeks (including during Open Studios), so I will get a chance to take more pictures.  Meanwhile, here's the little video, with a big thank you to Porter Mill!

No comments: