Thursday, October 06, 2022

Pergola at Long Hill (Reference for Painting)



My photo of the pergola at Long Hill Gardens (posted here on October 3) is the inspiration for my current painting project.  But before I could use the photo as a painting reference, I used my Painter program on the computer to make some changes.  First, I cropped the image into a square format.  Then, for the sake of the composition, I shifted over the big trees in the background, and modified the position of some of the foliage that was hiding too much of the pergola.  I did all of this with Painter's cut-and-paste and some digital chalk.  The result, posted here, is a very rough image, but it is a helpful tool.  I have taken some other photos of the same subject, and plan to use them as references as well.

No comments: