Sunday, March 31, 2024

Flowers for Celina (Portrait as of March 26, 2024)



Here is the portrait of Celina as it looked on March 26th.  On that day and the day before, I concentrated mainly on the face.  On the canvas, the face is maybe 2 inches across and to 3 inches long, if that, and is half that size in the photo.  Even using the smallest brush I have, It is easy to make a mistake.  So I spent much of my painting time on the 25th and 26th making mistakes and then correcting them, but I reckon that is probably 90 percent of making art in general.  But I am getting closer to a likeness.  I am also making corrections to the figure as I see mistakes.  And I also worked on the background, creating what is to be a field of roses, planted in three rows behind the figure. I adjusted the composition to make sure Celina will have a place to stand. To be continued. . . .

No comments: