Saturday, May 25, 2024

Lacy (Codfish Project) as of April 24, 2024



Here is Lacy, my codfish project as of April 24, 2024.  I am decorating a wooden codfish form for the Cod Auction, an anual event to benefit Marblehead Festival of Art.  Each year, a group of area artists are given identical wooden fish forms to decorate.  The decorated codfish are then displayed and auctioned. The auction takes place on line, and people can bid from anywhere. This year, my inspiration was something I often see at the beach: as gentle waves come on shore, the seafoam makes a pattern that looks like lace.  So I  replaced the fish markings with a wavy pattern that looks like lace.  On April 24rd, I finished applying the first pass at all the colors in the pattern, using Sharpie markers and  acrylic paint.   To be continued. . . .

No comments: