Saturday, August 31, 2024

Pikes Peak in September (Acrylic Mixed Media)



Here is my finished painting.  On August 30 and 31, I continued to work on the painting.  I added some blue tissue paper to the mountains and painted over the mountains with some acrylic blue-violet.  I added more tissue paper to the road and to the snowy parts of the mountain, and painted back into those areas with off-white and pale yellow.  I adjusted some of the shapes in the foothills.  And  I played a bit with color adding some teal outline to the vegetation at the right, and outlining the road with some periwinkle blue.  I made a lot of small changes which convinced me that the painting was finished.  So I signed it, wired it, and wrapped it up for the trip into Boston, to be part of a group show at Galatea Fine Art.

No comments: