Monday, August 12, 2024

Pikes Peak in September (Photo Reference for Painting)



In preparation for my next painting, I edited my photo of Pikes Peak to get it ready to serve as a photo reference.  (This is a photo that I took during a trip to Colorado some years ago.) I scanned the photo into my computer, and using Painter, I straightened the image and then cropped it to get a pleasing composition, while making sure that height and width would be in the right ratio for my painting, which is going to be 16 x 20.  Then I used Painter's editing tools to eliminate some cars, a billboard, a street lamp, and a bunch of small poles.  I used digital pastel  and posterizing effect to "cover my tracks."  I adjusted the colors and contrast a bit and then it was ready. What you see here is the result, the image that I am going to use as my photo reference.

No comments: