Tuesday, May 17, 2005

House as of May 17


House as of May 17
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

This is a work in progress, a painting for friends. So far, this is a sketch with some color blocked in with acrylics. This is a childhood home and my friends are two time-zones away, so this involves long-distance art as well as time-travel. My friends scanned and e-mailed me a black and white photo, my main source of visual information, supplemented by phone calls and e-mailed color photos of the house as it is now. I have been sending digital photos to my friends as I draw, and making changes based on their feedback, which I expect, because when it comes to the house you grew up in, the more you see, the more you remember. We are really building the house together, with art and memories. I will post more later. . .

No comments: