Saturday, June 25, 2005

House as of June 25


House as of June 25
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

This is the latest version of the painting I am doing for my friends. Over the past week, a lot of effort has gone into trying to get the right color for the brick. My friends actually mailed me a piece of the brick, crushed to a powder (by my friends, not by the postal service as I first suspected). It was hilarious, but also useful. I matched some paint to the color of the pulverized brick and set about changing the color of the house, making it lighter at the same time. This seems to have brought us closer to the right color. Today I also started the roses in the background, and put in some brick detail above the window on the front porch. In all of this, I am relying on my friends' feedback to know if I am getting it right. . .

No comments: