Monday, August 22, 2005

Farm Outside Giant's Causeway


Farm Outside Giant's Causeway
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

Yesterday the New York Times travel section featured Belfast, and today I framed two of my watercolors of Northern Ireland for Mel's office. So I decided that today's entry for my blog would be an image of Northern Ireland. Tonight I cropped this image from a photo I took last summer. This farm is just outside the Giant's Causeway, so close to it that I edited out our little red rental car that we had parked along this road while we went to see Northern Ireland's most famous attraction. Scenes such as this farm are of course less famous, and less likely to be associated with Northern Ireland, but in fact this is what much of the countryside around Belfast looks like. Tonight I used Painter IX just to sharpen the edges of the buildings, but I didn't adjust the color. It really is that green. Who knows, this image might turn up again in a watercolor.

No comments: