Thursday, August 25, 2005

Staircase in the Alfama, enhanced version


Staircase in the Alfama, enhanced version
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

It seems a shame to leave Lisbon. Why not stay? Tonight I took the photo that I posted yesterday of the stairway in the Alfama and modified it with Painter IX to make the elements of the picture more visible. I used washes of digital watercolor to add color contrast so the column at the top of the stairs would show up better against the sunny sidewalk. I also brought the colors of ocean, sky, and clay tile roofs back up so they are visible, as they were when I took the photo. But I stayed close to the original colors, and when I did change a color, I used a color that was already in the photograph. Next, a fantasy version of the same scene. You can meet me back here tomorrow, if you like.

No comments: