Friday, September 30, 2005

Fantastic Ferris Wheel at the Topsfield Fair


Fantastic Ferris Wheel at the Topsfield Fair
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

This is from a photo I took at last year's Topsfield Fair. Heather and I had made a spur of the moment trip to the fair; neither one of us had ever managed to get there, and we loved it. So recently we've been talking about going back to the Topsfield Fair this year. (It opens today.) I felt like a kid again to be there, remembering great times at the Colorado State Fair in Pueblo as I was growing up. Because the Topsfield Fair is in Massachusetts in October, you can see that there's a backdrop of bright fall foliage. Tonight I cropped this image out of a larger photo of the midway. Then I added color to make the ferris wheel show up against the sky and to convey the excitement of a fantastic day.

No comments: