Tuesday, November 29, 2005

View of Park Avenue, NYC


View of Park Avenue, NYC
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

I took this picture in 1988 from Mel's office at Baruch, where he was teaching at the time. That office had a great view of Park Avenue, the Pan Am and Chrysler Buildings, and the taxi cabs in the street below. My trips to New York City were much more frequent when we lived in New Jersey, but I still get there occasionally, and it is fun to take the train down from Boston. I scanned and cropped this image tonight; I think the pink cast is due to early morning light, but in any case, I like the effect. I am posting this image tonight in celebration of my train trip tomorrow to New York City to visit family, especially my aunt who recently moved (back) to New York from Colorado.

No comments: